blog off

Friday, April 13, 2007

i did it once before...


self portrait with eduardo!
Originally uploaded by kristalynn.
... and i'm gonna do it again.

i'm leaving today to drive across the US with a girlfriend. we don't really have much by way of "destination", per se. she just has to be in calgary by may.

i think i've definitely convinced her to go to portland, but i'm going to try to aim more south. perhaps by mid-dakota she'll be aching to see san francisco...


"so which one are you?" asked my boyfriend. "thelma or louise?"

i shook my head, thinking about the movie. harking back to a certain young lad in a cowboy hat...

"louise." he said, answering his own question.

louise, wow! i was impressed.

"nah, thelma."

"thelma's boyfriend was a douchebag."

"louise."


i'm traveling with a friend who once, after closing a bar, literally picked me up and threw me into a cab. as i felt my feet leave the ground i thought that it was really neat that i was actually airborne and moving through the frame of a car door. the only other time i'd been picked up was when some drunk dude tried to bench press me in a bar.

i landed in the back seat of the cab cheek first.

"make sure she goes home. she's threatening to walk!" instructed my friend to the cab driver.

"it's not that cold..." i said, scootching over to the door i had ascended through.

but she slammed it in my face and pointed north, towards my home.

i liked it.

i guess she's louise.


i'll keep you posted on my travels. if you have any suggestions, please post them.

5 Comments:

At April 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have fun!! i hope you are planning on blogging from the road.

xo

 
At April 15, 2007, Blogger jezsik said...

Road trip! I think I know your tastes well enough to suggest Rochester, MN. It's on the way if you should go past Chicago and swing up to Minneapolis and St. Paul. It's one of those typical American towns, right out of a Norman Rockwell memory.

Suggestion #2, along the same lines, is Whitefish Montana (should you be in THAT neighborhood).

 
At April 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny. that's where i am RIGHT now. chicago that is. what a great f-ing town! headed to minneapolis later today.

 
At April 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

roadtrip rocked! fyi...i am sitting down to have lunch (in my pj's still) and am going to put in the Thelma and Louise dvd. I hope it will not have any analrapicionados...they'll scare the merkin right off me!! :{

 
At April 30, 2007, Blogger jezsik said...

How 'bout some road stories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home