blog off

Thursday, January 12, 2006

overheard at the commercial drive skytrain in vancouver while on a public phone trying to change my flight


crazy white-trashy woman yelling (just for the sake of calling attention to her psychotic self) at her 5-year child (singular) who was tugging on her coat, trying to get picked up:

"oh, all right! i'll carry you, you lazy brat. stop pulling on me! jesus, i don't know WHO'S worse..."

um... who were you going to compare her to, you nutjob?

and then she looked around to see if anyone had heard her blunder. and i had. and i was jotting it down.


i'll blog more, once i get home. and deal with my taxes.

1 Comments:

At January 13, 2006, Blogger Kell said...

It's always distressing to see that - makes you wonder how much worse it gets when no one is watching the exchange. One of the reasons I hate going to the laundromat is that the parents who live around me seem to hate their kids - maybe it's just the stress of all those quarters in the washers... but it breaks my heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home