blog off

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

the throwing in of the towel



Originally uploaded by kristalynn.
i've been considering resigning this blog for a while now. i just can't keep up. and i get anxious when i don't post. i met up with a friend in ny, and after we absconded an exploding manhole cover, i confessed this over the best mulligatawny i've ever tasted.

"yeah, people want more posts, more often," he said.

"i can't deliver. my head, she's vapid and empty."


this week on facebook, a friend's status declared that she was potentially available for coffee. in courting her, i mentioned that i had an issue i needed to discuss. an issue on censorship. i knew this would secure the meeting.

"i can meet you at 11," she said.

"oh. shit. just let me jump into the shower."

"don't worry. it'll be a soft 11."


"what kind of censorship? self censorship?" she queried knowingly.

"yes. what are your thoughts?"

she thought. "well, the thing about your blog is that you say what needs to be said."

"some people are upset. even someone who told me never to self-censor is upset."

"write your stuff. and look elsewhere to publish it. the back page of the life section, magazines..."

i nodded. sadly. but i nodded.


another blog that i read shut itself down due to self-editing. i may follow suit. i want to take time to make things come back into my head. and i need to take the time to write more publishable stuff, and to find the places to publish said rubbish.

that may mean another blog under a new name. one you will have trouble finding. unless you are that nice guy from san jose who sent me a lovely polaroid.

or maybe this could just be a soft throwing-in-of-the-towel.

10 Comments:

At December 19, 2007, Blogger thuy said...

i tried to send you a polaroid once.

thanks for having shared your writing. all good things must come to an end, i guess.

 
At December 19, 2007, Blogger appelsj said...

no! no! no!
don't close it down!
to me, it was special that you posted only rarely, when you did, i was all excited to see that little (1) in my RSS, it was gold!

in any case, good luck with your revaluation of blogging. but if you do reopen on, make sure you send me the link.

a dedicaded reader =)

 
At December 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you shouldn't sensor. but you also shouldn't expect people to sensor their reactions either.

if you are going to be truthful...be truthful. then people know where they stand and you can know that even though you might lose a "friend" or two, at least you depicted the events EXACTLY as they happened...

Saying that you are not going to self-sensor; however, is one thing. Bringing yourself to not sensor facts that might not make you look so good is something else entirely. I say, either don't sensor ANYTHING, or place a caviat that let's people know the blog is somewhat fictional.

Alternatively, you could just accept the (ahem) slight possibility that maybe not everyone on the planet will necessarily love every word you ever write.

"But what do I know?", she muttered insolently under her breath.

 
At December 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That friend sounds stupid! Don't stop!

 
At December 19, 2007, Blogger sass said...

omg. i'm done for!

now i have to edit comments!!

 
At December 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, I don't understand! I hope that no one thinks that I was calling the lovely, anonymous buxom s. names! Because I wasn't.

 
At December 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:(

 
At December 19, 2007, Blogger sass said...

oh i get it finally!

anne c was calling the friend who accidentally encouraged me to close my blog stupid.

ahhhh.....

 
At December 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(not-so-anonymous-buxom s. not insulted...)

blog away...

the peeps love to read on...

 
At December 21, 2007, Blogger Kell said...

All of my blog friends have sort of slowed down lately - I have too. Sometimes I get prolific - sometimes I just can't think of a thing. I'll keep mine up though - just because it's so old now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home