blog off

Friday, December 28, 2007

woobegone


vij's rangoli
Originally uploaded by kristalynn.
"my husband would call me up from work, practically crying from laughter, to tell me to read your blog.”


a couple of entries ago, a got a little ahead of myself in thinking that my life was somewhat coming together; that there was some company ready and willing to do anything to get *me* to come work for them, including rent a car! gee wilikers!

i left very excitedly to embark on a new chapter in my personal growth. it didn't get past the border, where i was detained for 2 hours due to an error on the behalf of the recruitment company hired to make things smoother for us.

after expressing my disenchantment to the company, i was thrilled to be returning home. due to two ice storms, it took two days to get here, and when I finally did, i received some news that kept me from getting a wink of sleep nor keeping an ounce of food in my stomach.

had i gotten too cocky? was my head too inflated and balloon-like?


i'm astounded by the generosity and utter concern that some people have shown. from a girlfriend handing over the keys to her home saying that if my four walls became too much to handle, to come right over. a call wasn't even necessary. to my cousin whose eyes welled with tears, causing mine to fill with tears. and then my soggy face to collapse on her shoulder. in starbucks.

and to the person who told me that i had a unique voice and way of telling a story.

if we don't tell each other things, we'll never know. so i thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for the things they have said.

and i won't kill my blog just yet. there's a few more things that i may just have to say.

happy 2008.

2 Comments:

At December 28, 2007, Blogger Kell said...

Holiday blahs - that's what I chalk it up to.

 
At January 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you go girl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home