blog off

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

35



Originally uploaded by kristalynn.

today is my birthday. i'm officially at an age where i should be worrying about lying about it. this is a "milestone", a "benchmark", if you will. to be honest, it was a whole lot easier than the last birthday - where i think i just started fretting about this one.

i was woken up by my cat sleeping right on my chest. as the name of this blog implies, she's portly. so when she does this, i can't breathe. i rolled over, she toppled, and we fell back asleep. it was divine.

when i finally got out of bed, there were already two renditions of "happy birthday" on my voice mail.

someone bought me a coffee at my coffeeshop and vito and vinnie sang yet one more version of "happy birthday".

my two boyfriends jon stewart sent me beautiful flowers (you know who yous are) and i got the long distance calls from everyone i love. i also reconnected with my old best friend from years ago. i don’t think we’ve spoken for 5 or 6 years…

i'm learning to let go of the expectations. and as i do this, i realize that getting older is not so bad. the unimportant, the uninteresting, and the unimpressive are weeding themselves out. my sights are narrowing and i'm realizing what is of value.

or perhaps i’m just high…

8 Comments:

At November 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally high. -kjc

 
At November 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also I love you. You are hot. -kjc

 
At November 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you rock kchd...and not in a honky way...

hope you had an amazing day.

miss ya bi-yotch!

signed: gayrod monkey balls

 
At November 03, 2005, Blogger appelsj said...

Happy Birthday to you, Haaappyyyyy Birttthdayyy to yoouuuu, Haaaaaapppyyyyy Birtthday to you! Happppyyyy Biiiirrrthhhhhdddaaayyyy toooo youuuuuu!

 
At November 03, 2005, Blogger Kell said...

I'll be 35 in December - and I'm okay with it.

At any rate, without the years and wisdom, you couldn't possibly be the kickass storyteller you are now, so cheers to the years!

 
At November 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

need a birthday spank?

- Vincent

 
At November 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you had a good day, sorry i didn't get to talk to you!
xo

 
At November 13, 2005, Blogger Kattia said...

Feliz Cumpleaños chiquita! I forgot you're an scorpio too... and also 35.
And I agree: is not that bad at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home