blog off

Sunday, October 02, 2005

see ya...



Originally uploaded by kristalynn.

i just had a week of hell - dealing with more contractors who do 62% of their job, ruining rooms they purport to fix. all the while kicking me out of my home, making the mess of a lifetime, and limiting my access to the internet and ability to meet my work deadlines.

i also learned that someone i had met while touring around for three months with a broadway show had died in a motorcycle accident. i remembered learning that he had a bike while we were somewhere in california.

"what are you doing today nicky?"

"i'm going for a ride along the coast."

"what do you mean "ride"?" my interest roused.

"my bike."

"a motorcycle...?" i purred.

"yup. see ya."

he never took me up on my "invitation".

on an unrelated night, i was hanging out in a friend's room. we were bored out of our trees.

"who should we call? nicky?"

"yeah, give him a call..."

turned out, nicky was watching an unfortunate halle berry movie.

"awesome! we're coming down!"

i know nicky had a lot of people around him who loved him. he was soft spoken, shy, and kind. i'm sorry they're hurting.

3 Comments:

At October 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At October 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tragic. sorry to hear...

a friend of mine lost her cousin recently to a motorcycle accident. he was a free-spirited italian with a good heart. he went out to get some milk one night and forever remains 31.

 
At October 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't even know what to say, except that all of my trivial whinings over the last month seem so...trivial.

Buxom S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home