blog off

Monday, June 19, 2006

gun registries


park avenue
Originally uploaded by kristalynn.
i finally watched "chappelle's show" this weekend. charlie murphy's "true hollywood stories" - especially his chronicles of him and his brother beating rick james's legs because he kicked mud all over his couch - cracked me the f- up.

i searched the annals of my tiny mind for my own "true not-so-hollywood" stories.


someone shot at me once.

some friends and i had finished dinner at a thai restaurant and afterwards were perusing a magazine shop. a car drove by and shot at the window. the bullet penetrated the window, about a foot away from where i stood reading a magazine.

"what was that?" my agile and squirrel-like friend asked.

"a gunshot. check out the hole." my boyfriend-at-the-time responded.

"fuck," said my squirrel-like friend. he then ran out the front door and down the street.

my sister raced up to the front of the store. "what was that noise? where'd steve go?"

"someone shot at the store. steve ran away."

"what the fuck?" my sister said, pointing at the hole. "do we call the cops?"

"let's? get? out of here?" i proposed.

"you think they'll come back? like, circle around?" asked my sister's boyfriend.

"i think it was random. i don't think anyone wants me dead. no?" i looked around for reassurance.

we walked out of the magazine shop and headed up a smaller street. my sister's boyfriend returned to the shop a few days later. the magazine shop people had found the bullet when vacuuming. it tumbled along the carpet and had lodged itself near the cash register.

3 Comments:

At June 19, 2006, Blogger Kell said...

You should write a novel.

 
At June 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell is wrong with you? People are shooting at you, lamb chops are flying out of your hand and hitting people in the eye. You've got some bizarre mutation of the bubonic plague and didn't you say you were mugged? Just stop it. Just stop. - kjc

 
At June 19, 2006, Blogger sass said...

the lamb chop didn't fly out of MY hand, it flew out of my ex-boyfriend's hot brother's hand. and it hit the woman in the CHEEK.

and i do have a mutation of the bubonic plague.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home