blog off

Sunday, May 07, 2006

touch and go


tulip
Originally uploaded by kristalynn.

it had been weeks, alas, months since i'd heard from her.

2006 has had a rough giddy-up-go: a health scare, the royal fuck-over from a client, and menacing bank threatening foreclosure. friends are supposed to stick by friends during tough times, no? and where was she? off sipping cristal champagne and attending dinners that her "team members" threw in her honor, that's where.

so i was mentally drafting my proverbial "throwing-in-of-the-towel" letter when i saw her name appear in my inbox.

"holy graces of the high heavens!", i exclaimed.

i opened the email.

how's this? it read.

she was gracing me with a favor that i had requested of her 7 months earlier.

good, i replied. (it was good.) how shocked i am to see your name in my inbox.

she then called.

"my work hours are crazy."

"uh huh."

"i wake up at 3 am and i'm at work at 3:30."

"mm."

"i show up in my pajamas."

"that's nutty."

"on top of my 100-hour work week, i've been volunteering my web development services for cancer research."

"um hmm."

"i'm saving the world, krista. i'm saving the world!"

"that's fabulous."

"it truly, truly is. now listen, i have to jet. the man whom i love and the man who loves me is taking me out to dinner to celebrate my fantasticness."

she's got an extension on her dismissal. people can score very easy points with token "keep-in-touches". i’m a sucker that way.

plus she doesn't take herself too seriously. i need as much of that as possible.

2 Comments:

At May 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buxom S. loves K. Crckhead...true friends 4 ever!

must jet...i'm chairing a G8 summit with some "key stakeholders" to "leverage off our deliverables" while the "paradigm shifts". Then, later today Angelina Jolie is the keynote speaker at the "Give Peas a Chance" luncheon being thrown in honour of my heroic Shih Tzu, Molly. Then I have to take my other Shih Tzu, Billy, to Juliard where he has been invited to audition for a 100% scholarship.

love ya g-rod!

 
At May 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK...we get it...i'm a gi-normous, self-absorbed Ass (capital 'A') on the brink of being excommunicated from the g-rod sisterhood.

(insert new blog entry here)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home